Gold medal flour banana bread is one of the most popular banana bread. Its beautiful loaf of bread will delight your guests and is sure to become a family favorite. All you need is some basic ingredients, and you can be baking this delicious bread in no time at all!
Excited to know the gold medal flour banana bread recipe and surprised your family with its savory flavor?
Then scroll down and explore the recipe. By following the below steps you can make this bread at home just in an hour. So let’s make it!
Ingredients You Will Need
- 2 ½ cups of gold medal flour
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Equipment you will need
- Large mixing bowl
- Pastry cutter
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Cooling rack
- Bread cutter
- Serving plate
Ten Simple Steps To Make Gold Medal Flour Banana
In a large mixing bowl, take half a cup of softened butter, and add 1 ¼ cup of sugar. Use a pastry cutter and mix them until they are well combined and turn into a cream together. If you want you can use a hand mixture too. As many of us don’t have a stand mixer so I am using my hand and regular accessories.
Once you have the creamed mixture add, 3 ripe bananas (cut into small pieces or mashed), and two eggs. Use the pastry cutter again and mix everything.
In a jug take half a cup of buttermilk or plain milk if you don’t have buttermilk. Pour 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence in it and give it a stir to mix well. Pour this liquid mixture into the other mixed ingredients we just mixed above.
In another mixing bowl, take 2 ½ cups of gold medal flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk everything to mix.
Place a strainer on top of the mixing bowl, add the mixed dry ingredients, strain, and mix with other ingredients. Use a spatula and combine everything.
For a crunch flavor, I love to add some chopped nuts. You can use any nuts, but I prefer to use classic walnuts. Chop them and add to the bread batter. Give it a good mix and it’s ready to bake.
Take a 9×5 inch loaf pan, grease it with melted butter, and pour the bread butter in it. Give it a few shakes to get rid of any bubbles.
Don’t forget to wear your oven gloves, now take the loaf pan and place it into the oven. Bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Once the time is up, take out the bread and insert a toothpick in it to check ts well cooked or not. If not then bake for another 10 minutes. Once done, transfer it into a colling rack and leave it to chill for an hour.
After resting take the banana bread and cut it into slices with a bread cutter or knife. Serve it as per your need.
Tips and Tricks Part For Banana Bread Gold Medal Flour
Here are some tips and tricks for making the perfect banana bread using Gold Medal Flour:
- Use very ripe bananas: The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful your banana bread will be. Look for bananas with brown spots on the skin, as these are the sweetest and most flavorful.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can lead to a tough, dense bread. Mix the ingredients just until they are combined, then stop.
- Use the right pan: A 9×5-inch loaf pan works best for this recipe. If you use a smaller pan, the bread will take longer to bake and may not cook through completely. Use a light-colored loaf pan for the best results; dark pans can cause the edges of the bread to become overly browned.
- Let the bread cool before slicing: It’s important to let the bread cool completely before slicing, as it will be easier to slice and the slices will hold their shape better.
- Store the bread in an airtight container: To keep the bread fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Experiment with add-ins: You can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips to the batter for a little extra flavor and texture. Just be sure not to add too much, as it can weigh down the bread and make it dense.
Gold Medal Flour Banana Bread Nutrition Facts
Is gold medal flour good for making bread?
Gold Medal Flour is considered a high-quality all-purpose flour that is suitable for making bread. It is made from carefully selected wheat and is milled to a fine texture, which helps to produce a consistent dough and a good rise.
Does gold medal all purpose flour have gluten free version?
Yes, Gold Medal All Purpose Flour has a gluten-free version.
What is the protein content of gold medal bread flour?
Gold Medal Bread Flour has a protein content of around 12%. Protein content is an important factor in flour because it determines the strength and structure of the dough.
Gold medal flour banana bread isn’t only delicious but also nutritious. It’s easy to make, and packed with flavor. You can make this bread just by following the gold medal flour banana bread recipe we shared above. And serve as a breakfast meal on your breakfast table with some butter or as a midday snack as you want.