Just when you think your perfectly crisp, golden french fries can’t get any better, this delectable Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning grind is the answer. After trying this, you’ll never eat fries another way.
But when I’m feeling adventurous and craving some spice, seasoned fries are the way to go. Some “seasoned” fries are coated in a thin breading with herbs and spices, but if you prefer to keep it simple, a good dusting of the perfect seasoning mix is all you need. And guess what? This French Fry Seasoning Recipe is just what you’re looking for!
Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning Recipe is a fantastic blend of spices that brings an explosion of flavor to not only french fries but also potatoes, vegetables, and more. It’s a unique combination of garlic, onion, salt, and premium spices, making every bite simply irresistible.
So, why settle for ordinary fries when you can experience the magic of Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning Recipe? Grab a batch of fresh fries, sprinkle this sensational blend, and treat your taste buds to an unforgettable taste adventure!
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of peppers
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Tools and Equipment
- Small Mixing Bowl: Use a small bowl to combine the spices and create the seasoning blend.
- Measuring Spoons: You’ll need measuring spoons to accurately measure the salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric.
- Spoon or Whisk: Use a spoon or a whisk to blend the spices effectively. Either will work perfectly for this task.
- Airtight Container or Spice Jar: Once you’ve mixed the seasoning, store it in an airtight container or a spice jar with a lid. This will keep it fresh and ready to use whenever you want to season your fries or other dishes.
How To Make Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning Recipe
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
Ensure you have all the required ingredients: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, and turmeric.
Step 2: Measure and Combine
Take a small bowl, measure out 2 tablespoons of salt, and add it to the bowl. Add 1 teaspoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, then 1 tablespoon of black pepper. Lastly, add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to the mixture.
Step 3: Mix Thoroughly
Using a spoon or whisk, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined. Make sure there are no clumps and the spices are evenly distributed.
Step 4: Taste and Adjust
Now, take a small amount of the seasoning and taste it. If you prefer it to be spicier, add a bit more chili powder or black pepper. If it needs more salt, sprinkle in a pinch at a time until you reach your desired taste.
Step 5: Store in an Airtight Container
Transfer the Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning to an airtight container. This will help preserve its flavor and keep it fresh for future use.
Step 6: Sprinkle and Enjoy
When you’re ready to use the seasoning, sprinkle it generously over your French fries or any other dishes you’d like to enhance with its delicious flavors. Enjoy!
Chef’s Special Tips and Tricks
- Customize to Your Taste: Feel free to adjust the spice levels and ratios to suit your personal preferences. Add more chili powder for extra heat, or reduce the salt if you prefer a lower-sodium option.
- Experiment with Additional Spices: Don’t be afraid to get creative and add other spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika for unique flavor variations.
- Freshly Ground Spices: Use freshly ground spices for the best flavor and aroma in your seasoning blend.
- Batch Preparation: Make a larger batch of the seasoning and store it for future use. It saves time and ensures you always have it on hand.
- Try on Different Foods: This seasoning is versatile; explore using it on various dishes such as roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, or popcorn for a delightful twist.
- Keep Away from Moisture: Store the seasoning in a dry place, away from moisture, to maintain its quality and prevent clumping.
Lawry’s French Fry seasoning adds a delightful burst of flavor to your fries, but it’s also versatile enough to complement various other dishes. Here are some serving ideas to enjoy this seasoning:
- French Fries: The most obvious pairing is with traditional French fries. Sprinkle Lawry’s seasoning generously over your freshly cooked fries to elevate their taste.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Try sprinkling the seasoning over baked sweet potato fries for a savory-sweet twist that will tantalize your taste buds.
- Roasted Vegetables: Use the seasoning to add extra flavor to roasted vegetables like carrots, zucchini, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Popcorn: Give your popcorn a unique twist by dusting Lawry’s seasoning over it. It’s an excellent choice for movie nights and gatherings.
- Grilled Meats: Use Lawry’s French Fry seasoning as a dry rub for grilled chicken, steak, or pork. Adding spices can improve the taste of the meat.
- Dips and Sauces: Mix a small amount of the seasoning into your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, mayo, or aioli to create a flavorful accompaniment for fries or chips.
- Potato Wedges: Instead of regular fries, season your potato wedges with Lawry’s blend before baking or frying for a delicious side dish.
- Avocado Toast: Sprinkle a pinch of the seasoning over avocado toast to add a savory kick to this trendy and satisfying snack.
- Burgers: Use the seasoning as a dry rub for your burger patties or sprinkle it on top of the assembled burger for an extra burst of flavor.
- Grilled Vegetables: Brush some olive oil on vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and asparagus, then grill them and finish with a sprinkle of Lawry’s seasoning.
- Oven-Baked Chips: Whether you’re making potato chips, kale chips, or banana chips, a touch of Lawry’s seasoning will elevate the taste.
- Salads: Use Lawry’s seasoning to add depth to your salad dressings or as a sprinkle on top of green salads or grain bowls.
Improve the flavor of your go-to snack or side dish in no time with the help of Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning Recipe. With just a few common spices, you can make a delicious mix of seasonings that will make your mouth water.
With this homemade seasoning, you can change the amount of spice to fit your own tastes, making sure that every bite is just right for you. Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning Recipe can be changed to fit your tastes, whether you like bold, spicy, or a softer kick.
Following simple guidelines and using common kitchen tools, you can easily make and store this tasty seasoning. Sprinkle it all over your newly cooked fries, roasted vegetables, popcorn, or grilled meats for a burst of flavor in every bite.
Is Lawry’s seasoning good on French fries?
Yes, Lawry’s seasoning is excellent for enhancing the flavor of French fries. Its blend of spices, including salt, pepper, garlic powder, and more, adds a delicious savory kick to the fries. Many people find Lawry’s French Fry Seasoning to be a tasty and convenient way to elevate the taste of their fries.
What kind of salt is best for French fries?
It’s best to use fine-grain table salt or kosher salt for French fries. These types of salt have a consistent texture and dissolve easily, ensuring even seasoning coverage on the fries. Avoid using coarse or rock salt as they may not distribute evenly and can lead to uneven seasoning.
Is Lawry’s seasoning high in sodium?
Yes, like most seasonings, Lawry’s seasoning contains salt as a primary ingredient, and salt is the main source of sodium in the seasoning. While the exact sodium content may vary depending on the brand and recipe, seasoning blends like Lawry’s typically contain a lot of sodium. It’s essential to use it in moderation, especially if you are watching your sodium intake.
Is it possible to make a sodium-free version of Lawry’s seasoning?
Yes, it is possible to make a sodium-free version of Lawry’s seasoning by omitting the salt from the recipe. However, remember that the salt contributes significantly to the overall flavor profile, so you may need to experiment with other herbs and spices to achieve a balanced taste. Using alternative flavor enhancers like herbs, black pepper, paprika, or citrus zest can help create a flavorful sodium-free seasoning.